Charles L. Truncale
Solutions Start With A Consultation
A Former Federal Prosecutor Who Now Fights For Defendants

post-conviction matters Archives

How people can appeal a criminal conviction

People in Florida who have been convicted of a crime may look toward the potential to appeal the conviction and obtain relief from their sentence. The U.S. justice system generally tends to uphold trial court decisions, so moving for an appeal can be an uphill battle. In order for a higher court to hear an appeal, the appealing party must be able to show that some form of material error was made at the trial level.

Reversing a criminal conviction

Anyone who has been convicted of a crime in Florida may wonder if there is anything that they can do after the judgment has already been rendered and filed. Most courts of appeals will not overturn a guilty verdict after a jury or bench trial unless the appellant can demonstrate that a serious error occurred.

The right to counsel during post-conviction proceedings

Although many Florida residents who are convicted on criminal charges feel that they have reached the end of their cases, there are several post-conviction proceedings that could result in a shortened sentence. In rare cases, a person's sentence may be eliminated altogether.

Schedule A Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

Firm Location

301 West Bay Street
Suite 14130
Jacksonville, FL 32202

Phone: 904-469-0653
Fax: 904-485-8259
Map & Directions